Author Topic: CPU  (Read 7933 times)

Melissa

CPU
« on: October 03, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
I am currently having an issue with my current hosting due to the fact that I have run out CPU.  There solution was to ban my members that are on my smf to solve the issue. One of those members was myself.   If I switch to here, will i still be able to have my members look a my board fairly often.  For example, my ip address was logged like 650 times.

G.C. Admin

• Performance Based Hosting
  • Administrator
Re: CPU
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:47:21 AM »
Hi Melissa,

That is a very strange way for the company to deal with a high CPU usage site. Normally they will suspend the sites operation.

Could you tell me a bit more about your site?
concurrent users?
Storage needs?
Transfer needs?

Did your provider send you a email containing the limits that your site may have reached that lead to the user bans? If so would you mind sharing that here or you can Pm me the info if you wish.

Thanks
Frank
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Melissa

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:52:36 AM »
Yes, basically they just stop me from running on my board. So I can't update my mods for my smf site.

I have a SMF site http://darkestweb.net/index.php.  I have a 20-30 members but most of use are on a lot (some almost all day).  I think we hit about 100-150MB a day in bandwidth usage.  My disk usage is about 400 but

Melissa

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:55:43 AM »
(sorry I clicked the wrong button).  that is 400-500 MB,  But I can trim that down because I have some of our graphics hosted on my site.  And I use about 50 in MySQL Usage.  Does that help?

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 01:02:56 AM »
Hi,

I think the KickStarter package would be fine for you. It comes with plenty enough space and transfer for your site.

More info about that package can be found here.  http://gcwebhosting.com/hosting-solutions.php

Frank
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Melissa

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:04:24 AM »
Cool because that is the one that I was looking at.  Now it is time for me to find this EPP that you guys want.

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:52 AM »
Cool because that is the one that I was looking at.  Now it is time for me to find this EPP that you guys want.

Hi

I normally suggest one waits to transfer the domain name after the site has been transferred and the nameservers have been altered at your current domain names control panel. This helps very much with creating the min amount of downtime when the websites name transfer is in concern. You can choose the option to alter the nameservers during the order process.
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Melissa

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 01:11:44 AM »
Oh... Okay, I will do that.. then do I just by the hosting and not the domain?  How do I do that?

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »
Oh... Okay, I will do that.. then do I just by the hosting and not the domain?  How do I do that?

Under Product Configuration at the start of the ordering process. Choose the below option
"I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain."
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Melissa

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 01:18:52 AM »
Okay, I did that and then put my domain name down for the site I want to use and bought the hosting.  Do I just now transfer the files over?

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 01:21:29 AM »
Okay, I did that and then put my domain name down for the site I want to use and bought the hosting.  Do I just now transfer the files over?

Hi,

We can transfer all the files and databases for you,Just place a ticket with the tittle "Site Transfer" and we can work thru the transfer using the support ticket.
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Melissa

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 01:22:57 AM »
Oh, that is wonderful. Yeah!