Author Topic: Problem with SMF mods  (Read 9739 times)

MrCrow

Problem with SMF mods
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:28:24 AM »
I have installed a smf 1.1.11 with fantastico deluxe and everything went alright, when it finished installing i went on ftp to check file and folder permissions so there wouldn't be any problems installing mods any further.Once i checked that i uploaded and installed Tiny portal 1.083 beta4, test passed with everything checked as successful.But yet i get this errors in my error log:

2: fopen(/home/gametopi/public_html/Sources/Post.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/gametopi/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1901

2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Line: 1908

2: file_get_contents(/home/gametopi/public_html/Packages/temp/Install options) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/gametopi/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 562

Despite those errors TP seemed to be working right, i have then went to install some other mods that i need for my site like ad_mod_v2-3-6-1_SMF_v1-1-x at first it refused to upload saying that i have some problem with permissions so i created a temp folder in Packages and set its permission to 777, that seemed to let me upload and install mod, even though it installed successfully i can't seem to see a link in admin panel to work with that mod, yet in installed packages shows that's installed, in error log i have this:

2: fopen(/home/gametopi/public_html/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
Line: 1901

2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Line: 1908

Here is the list of the files and folders that have 777 permission:
-Attachments
-Smileys
-Packages
-Packages/installed.list
-Packages/temp
-Themes
-Sources/Packages.php
-Sources/Subs-Packages.php
-Settings.php
-Settings_bak.php
-agreement.txt

Site is in its starting stage, without any content added to it, i wanted to install tp and mods that i need along with one theme before starting to work on sites content, so whole smf along with TP can be reinstalled if its needed, any suggestion and help is more then appreciated because i can't seem to figure a way out of this weird problem.. 

G.C. Admin

• Performance Based Hosting
  • Administrator
Re: Problem with SMF mods
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:51:37 AM »
Hi,

Could you please create a user on your forum with admin priv and PM me that info.

Just a heads up. I corrected some of the folder permissions that you had set. They all do not need to be 777.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:04:32 AM by G.C. Admin »
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 04:53:18 AM »
Hi,

I have recreated your forum in a folder called test. I have added TP/Ad Management mod V 2.3 with no issues.
I will pm you the username and password that I have created and you can check out the forum.
If you decide to stay with the forum that I have created please let me know and I can move it to the webspace root and have it replace the forum that you are having issues with.
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

MrCrow

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »
If the forum you created in test folder wont give me weird permission issue like one i created  with fantastico, move it to the website root and replace it.

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »
If the forum you created in test folder wont give me weird permission issue like one i created  with fantastico, move it to the website root and replace it.

Hi,

I have answered your PM. Please check the forum and then let me know if you wish to move it.

Frank
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

MrCrow

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »
yes please, and thank you for the help

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
yes please, and thank you for the help

I will not be able to do this move for quite a few hours. If SunKing pops in I belive he can move it for you.

Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

MrCrow

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
I will not be able to do this move for quite a few hours. If SunKing pops in I belive he can move it for you.

ok

SunKing

• G.C. Support
    • Empire of the Sun
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:05 PM »
* SunKing pops in

If you can PM me the site URL, and FTP details so I can access via FTP please. I can then make the needed changes.

MrCrow

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
I have sended you the requested info on a pm

SunKing

• G.C. Support
    • Empire of the Sun
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
Everything has been moved. I did NOT delete the test folder that Frank created only because sometimes people have uploaded stuff they want to keep, so I side with caution. I renamed that folder to test_safe_to_remove in case you had anything else you needed from it. If not, then you may delete it as it is no longer necessary.

Enjoy.

MrCrow

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »
Thank you very much..

G.C. Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 04:11:55 AM »
Thank you very much..

Do not forget to change the e-mail address for the admin that I had created.

Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions