Author Topic: eNucleus - A Forum for Everything Outdoors  (Read 4060 times)

Fusion

• eNucleus - Everything Outdoors
eNucleus - A Forum for Everything Outdoors
« on: July 04, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »
Our Website and  Forum is geared towards everything outdoors, it was devised as a communication and resource tool and forum by a small group of folk who have an interest in the below :

Geocaching - Hunting & Fishing - Hiking & Camping - Bushcraft - Emergency Preparation & Survival

Although the forum is new, we had a brief spell with a SMF forum but that had its limitations, the responsive design of Xenforo was a great draw and so we converted the boards to Xenforo.

eNucleus - A Forum for Everything Outdoors

G.C. Admin

• Performance Based Hosting
  • Administrator
Re: eNucleus - A Forum for Everything Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:16:25 AM »
I like the XenForo forum that is a very nice software package. If you are knowledgeable enough you should make some podcast about the subjects. Especially Preparation & Survival. That would work nicely. Quite a few of the security sites I go to have podcast. Its pretty cool idea.

Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Fusion

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
I'd agree I'm quite impressed with the software. 
It wasn't the easiest converting a forum from SMF to Xenforo but not too much of a headache.

I'm quite new to the preparation element,but slowly gaining and developing the skills but that's the idea of the site to pool those resources. .... but I'd agree I like those podcasts. They add a lot to a site.

G.C. Admin

• Performance Based Hosting
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »
I'd agree I'm quite impressed with the software. 
It wasn't the easiest converting a forum from SMF to Xenforo but not too much of a headache.

I'm quite new to the preparation element,but slowly gaining and developing the skills but that's the idea of the site to pool those resources. .... but I'd agree I like those podcasts. They add a lot to a site.

Podcast are cool cause you can either do them in house as in bring people over. Or you can do them via skype.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:39:00 AM by G.C. Admin »
Frank Doud
Owner/Operator
G.C. Solutions

Fusion

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
Not something I'm familiar with....maybe I'll suggest it to the members......it's a new forum so member base is low atm, in fact the group grew from a BlackBerry  BBM group, and a lot of prefer that as the convo is real time. but the info can get lost so we created the forum to backup it I guess.